The most valuable piece of real estate you can have access to is the inbox of your leads, prospects and customers smartphone. Your ability to deliver messages that others want to receive can make or break your business.
New offers, coupons & discounts, appointment reminders review requests and other one-to-one communications will all perform best when sent via SMS text message.
Emails get about a 20% open rate and about a 6% response rate. Texts have a near 98% open rate and a 45% response rate.
The Importance of Smartphones
If there is any doubt about the importance of smartphones, and your need to be visible there, here are some interesting stats:
- 81.6% of Americans, totaling 270 million people, own a smartphone as of 2023.
- The average American spends 5 hours and 24 minutes on their mobile device each day.
- Americans check their phones on average 96 times per day, or once every ten minutes.
- There are roughly 6.92 billion smartphone users across the world. That’s 86.29% of the global population, as of 2023.
- 59.16% of website traffic comes from mobile devices, as of 2022.
The best way to get recognized as a trusted sender is to be saved as a contact in the device of others. The easiest way to accomplish this is with a digital business card.